The most epic food adventure ever: Philly Dine-a-thon.
Goal: Try every restaurant in Philadelphia (or at least close to it).
- Perimeter: from W-E, 46th St. to Front St.
- Try every restaurant, in order, along main streets (i.e. Spruce/South St., Walnut St., Chestnut St., Market St.).
- Exceptions to #2:
a) cost of entree is greater than $40
b) standard lunchtime cafes
c) chain restaurants (ie. Subway, McDonald’s, Dunkin’ Donuts, McCormick and Schmick’s)
For 3a) and 3b), these locations will be marked on a map for potential future visits.
- For side streets and streets going N-S, restaurants on these streets will be included with relevant main street “chunk”.
- To be done at least once a week, schedules permitting.
On weeks where everyone is available for more than one night, try a restaurant in University City.
- Walking to the location (at least one-way) is required.